Thursday, May 28, 2009

November - 181 company commander update

Greetings family and friends of recruit company November-181. We are the Company Commanders in charge of transforming your recruit into Guardians. Our names are Petty Officer Second Class Sutton, Chief Petty Officer Dendy.

We thought this would be a good time in training to give you all an update on November-181’s progress from our vantage point.

Just like most companies N-181 started out a little rough. That is to be expected of a large group of people thrown together so quickly. N-181 has progressed well since that first Friday when we pick them up from Sexton Hall. Of course they have had their ups and downs. The good thing is that everyday we see them working more as a team to get the job done. As you might have heard, these weeks have been filled with a roller coaster of emotions due to N-181 being away, some for the first time, from their family and friends.

These last Ø2 weeks have been the most demanding yet most rewarding for N-181. Events such as shooting at the range, physical fitness test, picking their first duty station, and mid-term exam. Good news is everyone passed the mid-term, but some failed to meet minimum standards during the physical fitness test. Those recruits will be getting up every morning at Ø43Ø in order to participate in remedial physical fitness. If they can meet the minimum standards before week Ø8 they will be allowed to graduate with N-181.

Last Thursday N-181 received their orders to their first duty station. They will be making phone calls to let immediate family members know where they are going in the coming week or so if you haven’t heard from them yet. Please be patient.

Also new to the curriculum is Pugil Stick training. N-181’s first pugil stick bouts were last Monday. The company got a chance to take out some safe and fun aggression and stress. No one got hurt. They are all looking forward to one more scheduled pugil stick event this week. Also coming up is the brand new Obstacle Course. This is going to be exciting for N-181 and the CC’s. This will really test them to see how well they can really work together as a team. Also on-base liberty this Saturday (3ØMAY) followed by off-base liberty in week Ø7.

Overall we can honestly say they are progressing on schedule. We are looking forward to the next couple of weeks. We look forward to standing with your recruit as they take their first steps into the field as Guardians on 12 JUNE Ø9.

V/R,
DC2 Sutton
GMC Dendy

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you SR TOTH!! and his fellow recruits! I've noticed other journals with pictures and I have yet to see any pictures of N-181!! =( but, It's almost June 12th!! can't wait!!! keep up the good work =)

beverlyd said...

Congratulations N-181!! and thank you to DC2 Sutton & GMC Dendy for turning our family members into Guardians!! Way to go SR Schoonover & N181!!

Unknown said...

SR Apolinaris!!! I am so proud of you and N-181. I am sure everything will go well and that you will all succeed in this life-changing step as a team. Time has flown by and I am sure you are all ready to embrace this new stage in life and become a Guardian. I agree with the previous post about the pictures. :( But soon I will be able to take my own at Graduation! I will be there in the finish line! 15 days! Love you!

-Desie

Anonymous said...

Sr. Hernandez! Felicidades por todo tu progreso, esperamos pronto verte!! Sigue luchando y no te rindas! Congratulations N-181,We love you :)

Javier,mami,Xavy,Yami y Choky

Anonymous said...

Sr. Hernandez

Luis that was mom! (Previous MSG). Good to hear that your commander officers are bringing the best in you and your company. Congrats N-181! Keep up the good work, the adventure is about to begin....take care and we will see you soon!

Choky and Family!

c monster said...

DC2 Sutton,GMC Dendy;
Thank you for the update of N 181. I think I speak for all parents whose son or daughter might under your command in thanking you for you hard work, dedication and (I am sure) patience in transforming recruit Company N 181 into Guardians...

Thank you...

Ed Bergman

Unknown said...

SR Basirico
You are almost done! I cant believe it. Mom and I booked a hotel today in NJ for graduation. Cant wait to see you! Love Ya! Bethany

Unknown said...

SR Wilson R.M,
Well Bobby Dad and Kylee are going to you graduation while Jennie and I stay home with Olive and the new puppies! We will see you when you come home before you ship out again.
We are so proud of you and N-181 I can't believe it's already 6 wks now and all you have is 2 wks till your done with boot camp.
Well we miss you like crazy son.
Love Mom

jkc said...

SR Cotter, it was wonderful to hear from you! Hope you're happy with your future assignment in Milwaukee. Congratulations on making it through your 6th wk (though, I didn't doubt that you would). These next couple of weeks should go fast. Just want to let you know how proud I am of you, now and always. Lots of love, Mom

jackie said...

Can we please see some pics of N181?

Stephanie said...

SR Burdick, I miss you so much! I am so proud of you though! You are almost done. Can't wait to see you. I have lots to tell you. I will deffinately be at your graduation. I asked for the days off way ahead of time. I wouldn't miss it for anything. I am sending you a short letter. I think of you everyday. I love you bunches!!!

Love Stephy

MKArnold said...

SR Arnold,
How was the movie? I'm sure it could have been the worst movie ever and you still would have enjoyed it. Nice to have a little leave time. See you in less then 2 weeks.

Love Mom

Kayleigh said...

SR Carr,
It was so good to hear from you on Saturday! I'm so glad that everything is going well and that you are doing good. I can't wait to talk to you again this Saturday and then to see you. I'm counting down the days baby. I mailed another letter today and i have one for you tomorrow. I love and miss you so much babe!
Love always,
Kayleigh

Kayleigh said...

SR Carr,
Im getting more and more excited, only 9 days left babe! I can't wait to finally see you. Love you lots!!
-Kayleigh

Anonymous said...

Exactly a week until your graduation November 181!!!!!!!! =)

Unknown said...

schoonover... congrats you are almost done. i will be there friday. im proud

Unknown said...

sr schoonover im proud you are doing good. last week of basic so work hard. im looking forward to beeing there for your graduation.